Monday, April 11, 2011

Choosing to SEE

     I am in the midst of reading Mary Beth Chapman's book, Choosing to SEE.  While it is an incredible book of courage and hope, it is also a tear jerker!  If you don't know the story, Mary Beth is the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman, Christian singer/songwriter.  They had a lovely family which included three biological children, and three adopted girls from China.  The story, among other things, is their tragic tale of how they lost their youngest daughter in a terrible accident.
     The book has been hard to read, and I won't lie; I've cried through much of it.  Their story shows their strength in God, and their unwavering faith that no matter the situation God is with us.  The title, "Choosing to SEE" is a reference to the overlying theme of the book, which is that God is in control, and has a plan for our lives.  We have to choose to see that God is always at work in our lives, in good and bad.
     Today, on this beautiful sunny day, I am choosing to see what a blessing my boys are.  In the middle of reading of one mother's pain, I am so thankful for the gift of my sons, and the light they are in our home.  I am also thankful for the Son, the one who would bear our burdens on the cross, and never leave us, even in the darkest of days.  I highly suggest this book if you are going through a rough patch in your life.  The Chapman Family's faith is simply inspiring.

 Nolan's shirt says, "Captain Adorable." Perhaps I'm biased.

 I can't believe how fast Hudson is growing! He looks like a little man here.

 That look means he's about to get into trouble.

2 comments:

  1. It seriously seems like Hudson was born yesterday. Now look how big he is!! I want to check out the book. Thanks for the recommendation. Have you read 1000 gifts? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great book. Hard to read, but very moving, and worth it!

    ReplyDelete