Monday, May 2, 2011

Random Things I Want

     Do you have a list of things in your mind that you'd love to have if you ever got the chance?  I'm not talking about a Mercedes here, or even a huge house.  I'm talking random little items that have no real use, but you'd still like to have them around?  Here is my list.

Vintage typewriter.  I will never forget the sound of my mom pounding away on her typewriter as she finished her Christmas newsletters.  Of course hers wasn't this awesome.  Offered by pinkbeeb0, it would be a perfect conversation piece in your home decor.


 A letterpress machine.  I LOVE the look of a fine letterpress invitation or card.  Of course, I am a stationery nerd.  Letterpress is a lot of work, and very messy, but the romance of it appeals to me.  I would probably never use it, but that doesn't stop me from wanting one.


 A Vintage Telephone.  I just love the look of an old telephone.  Isn't there something charming about this?  It's like a scene from the Great Gatsby right in your own living room!


 A church pew.  Now I know this sounds a little crazy, but I want you to know that I would only like a petite church pew.  Does that make it more sane? Brett didn't think so when I called him saying I had seen one at a yard sale a couple of months ago.  I would have snatched it up, too, but the lady wanted WAY too much for it.  Still, I just love the idea of having one of these as a bench in my home or on my porch.


 A Library Card Catalog.  What do I need a card catalog for?  I don't know!  I don't judge the weird stuff you buy!  I just love the aesthetic of this, and I could probably store some craft junk in the drawers.  See, I'm practical.



Recently, I fulfilled one of my nonsensical dreams with a purchase on Ebay.  I have always wanted a piece of sweetheart jewelry, and finally found one that spoke to me.  Sweetheart jewelry originated during WWI, but really became popular during WWII.  Usually, the pieces of jewelry are made to incorporate a piece of militaria, such as a pin, collar device, etc.  What a piece of history!  I am so excited to have it.  I just imagine some woman wearing it while steadfastly waiting for her sailor to return from the war.  So romantic.  What a great era!

So there's a somewhat truncated list for you.  What nonsense items would you like to purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment